Open Riding at FPFP Equestrian Center
Indoor Arena & Lower Ring
Monday- Sunday 8am -9pm
Upper Ring & XC Derby Field
Monday – Sunday 8am- Dark
*Please check the Fairfax County Equestrian Calendar for scheduled private rentals of the rings` and XC Field
For Equestrian Visitors
Please park your trailer in one of the designated trailer parking areas. After parking, please go directly to the Equestrian Office in the Indoor Arena unless you already have a riding pass.
If you are not comfortable leaving your trailer please call the office so a staff member can come to you. (703)437-8261
You will be asked to provide the following documents which we will keep:
- A copy of your current negative coggins for any horse brought on property )
- A copy of the health certificate for any horse brought on property that has crossed state lines
- A signed copy of the Frying Pan Farm Park Equestrian Center Liability Release.
A RIDING PASS ( DAILY, QUARTERLY, ANNUAL OR EXHIBITOR) IS REQUIRED FOR ALL MOUNTED RIDERS ON PROPERTY AND MUST BE VISIBLE TO STAFF
Riding rules and etiquette are posted at each ring and the XC field. Riders not following the posted rules and etiquette will be excused from the property immediately and fees will not be refunded.
If you will need a stall please let the office know prior to arrival & sign a stabling agreement.
Please be aware that all horses on this property are privately owned and not the property of FCPA or FPFP
Horses at the equestrian center may have various levels of training and are unpredictable by nature.
- Keep a safe distance at all times
- Do not pet, touch, feed or otherwise approach any horse(s) without the permission of its owner/ rider.
- If permission is granted approach slowly toward the horses shoulder and stroke (do not pat) the shoulder
- Keep loud noises and sudden movements to a minimum
- Appropriate indoor voices should be used when in the indoor facillities
- Stay on designated gravel paths when walking in the Equestrian Center XC Derby Field
Riders and horses are here to learn or compete, please do not distract or otherwise disturb horses and riders unless they are dismounted and outside the ring / XC Field